Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Yea!!! Christmas is almost here. Seven days to be exact!! This is my favorite time of the year. I was a little behind this year on my shopping, but Tom and I went last Saturday and pretty much wiped out the entire list!! I also did quite a bit of online shopping, which I love, especially now when pretty much everyone is offering free shipping!!

Tom has been working out of town the past couple of weeks. I usually don't like when he is gone, but this week was kind of nice!! I put Avery to bed at about 7:30 every night and went in the basement and wrapped gifts, and I didn't have to feel guilty about being down there all night long!!

Saturday night we are headed to the Gatti residence for a little Christmas Party!! It should be lots of fun!! I'm planning on taking green bean casserole and some christmas cookies.

Jenny and I baked cookies last Thursday. We started at 9am and we baked, and baked and baked and baked until about 10pm!! We had sooooooo many cookies.....8 batches of cut-outs, 3 batches of peanut butter blossoms and 3 batches of monster cookies!!

Did I mention that I'm so excited for Christmas this year!?! Avery will be so much fun, I can't hardly stand it :o)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun. You are so on the ball. I have only made buckeyes and peanut blossoms... i have about 3 others i would like to attempt!

I bet the snow just adds to your beautiful Christmas!

Merry Christmas... I hope to send out our cards on friday

Jill said...

so how did the binkie thing go because it didn't go so well here, she cried for about 45 minutes and i couldn't take it any longer... ryan said that i was a lot more brave during the first year making her do things then i am now...ahhgggg.... it now only stays in the crib for when she goes to sleep and we take it away after she is asleep...it seems to be working but ahhhhh